○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, October 29, 2009

July 2009 Monthly Gaming Analysis

I haven't done this part of the blog for quite some time now. The data collection process is more organized these days because of the restructure I did not too long ago so I am going to do some catch up over the next several days.

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:




Total Games Played: 58

It's a bit hard to recall the details of my overall gaming mood for that month because this analysis came in a little bit too late but just by looking at the numbers, it is obvious that I was in my Demigod mode back then. I have stopped playing that game recently even though the game is now more stable than it was before with less crashing issues. The game will be receiving a couple of new Demigods with an upcoming patch in the near future so I will probably jump back on it then.

When I finally own the Personal Computer version of Street Fighter IV, my passion for that game was revived. The game looks absolutely remarkable on the PC and for a while, I was able to forgive the game for being lazy with its cast of characters. I love playing the game with the nice 6 button controller by Mad Catz. No regrets at all with selling the PlayStation 3 copy I used to have.

It must have been a slow month for me since SingStar was able to climb up to the number 3 spot for most played game. Well, that or I was probably just feeling down quite often during the month. Singing is a good way to relieve stress. It's funny how I would normally limit the time that I play karaoke games while I was living in the apartment and now, I hardly ever play these games even though I can pretty much sing my heart out way into midnight and beyond.

Best New Game of the Month:
Shatter (PlayStation 3)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Rune Factory: Frontier (Nintendo Wii)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
I can't recall to be honest.

No comments: