○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Typing Is Not So Fun as Click-Shooting

Sega's release of The Typing of the Dead: Overkill for Steam on Tuesday was an evil and delicious surprise. I can still remember the fun of typing words to destroy zombies with The Typing of the Dead on the Dreamcast and this latest release is based on the grindhouse-infused The House of the Dead: Overkill entry for the series. As if seeing another Typing game for this series was not exciting enough, the game actually comes with the original shooting game of Overkill: Director's Cut! Of course, there is no light gun peripheral support here so I have been playing the typing portion of the game because I am not sure if playing the shooting game would be fun with the mouse. Oh how wrong I was. I finally tried playing the shooting mode last night and it was extremely fun. The mouse control was smooth and so accurate that it made me wish that all those light gun games on my consoles have mouse support. That Steam Controller will not be able accomplish this same result, yes I still think that thing is such an irresponsible, nonsensical, and desperate design. I suppose it's a question of authenticity - holding a gun-like device and pointing it at the screen versus accuracy - and after playing the game with the mouse, I would definitely prefer accuracy! I sure hope that Sega's bold release of The Typing of the Dead: Overkill will bring all those plethora of console light gun games to Steam. Namco Bandai, come make more money by releasing your Time Crisis games on Steam.

Overkill is easier with the mouse but only because the mouse is a lot faster and more accurate!

No comments: