○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Human Revolution vs. Human Greed

I had a discussion with a friend last night about today's multi-platform release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. I thought that the original release was fun but I didn't play it to the end. There were some complaints about an unfair boss battle for those who chose to build a stealth character but based on my understanding from the experiences shared by those who completed the game, it wasn't a situation where the game is left completely broken. I think that if that was the case, the game should have been patched for that particular encounter but that of course never happened and despite the complaints, those who noticed that particular problem generally could still complete the game. I think it makes sense that if you are heavily invested into one skill, you are going to have a challenging time in other areas but I suppose it all has something to do with individual expectations. I remember playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with my very first character and finding the combat system punishing because I was heavily invested in healing and tanking... Still, I feel that for the amount that this Director's Cut is asking for with the additional contents it provides - Newgame+ is always a great addition to any game - which is $5 for Steam owners of the original game plus the downloadable content, is actually not bad at all.

The only losers in this situation are those who choose to pay $49.99 for that Wii U version.

No comments: