○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Expand That Digital Distribution, Nintendo!

I really like what Nintendo is doing with the upcoming release of the New Super Mario Bros. U expansion, New Super Luigi U - I like it so much that I think that it could become a valid strategy for Nintendo when it comes to releasing all of their future Wii U games. Just think about it for a moment: The more Nintendo is able to sell directly to the customers via their eShop, the more money they can make by skipping the retail channel and they didn't have to worry about production of the physical game cases, manuals, and discs. Why wouldn't they want to make more money? Nintendo will be releasing the huge expansion to the game via digital distribution on the 20th of this month at only $19.99 while selling the retail version 2 months later in late August at $29.99! This is just pure genius. Unless you are really rich and like to spend your money like it's nothing but a fart to be released to the wind, one would be mad not to get the digital version of this game. Even if your Internet sucks, you can just let the thing download while you go to work or watch television. That price difference is sweet too and Nintendo should implement this kind of price reduction to all of the digital versions of the retail releases for Wii U. For those $59.99 games, Nintendo should be selling them at the sweet price of $39.99 via the eShop. I am in the process of getting a 2TB external hard drive for my Wii U at the moment since I am going to get the digital version of New Super Luigi U and I hope that Nintendo will fix the prices for the other games on the eShop so that I could start downloading them.

What a brilliant marketing plan. Bravo Nintendo, bravo!

No comments: