○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, March 10, 2023

The Game Room's Dust Collector

Ah, I remember around 25 years ago when my Game Room, and overall game collection, used to be small. Let me think, yes! I only had the SegaSaturn, the Dreamcast, the PSOne, and the Nintendo 64 hooked up to my entertainment center. Back then, I would lightly feather dust the whole entertainment center every day in the morning. The entertainment center used to always be spotless, compared to how things are these days. I now have a three-tier tempered glass entertainment center - I used to have one made of hardwood that could house a lot more of my gaming platforms - and it's so easy to see when the surface is dusty. I just did the much-needed dusting of it yesterday and it was such a big mess. My gaming stuff are not dust collectors so it's time to combat all of this with the help a machine in the form of an actual dust collector.

A sibling of the modern consoles since it is placement orientation-fluid.

Who knew that air purifiers can be very, very expensive. Most of them also come with the continuous cost of filter replacements but I managed to find several units with permanent filters that can be manually cleaned. The top two units that I really, really like cost $260 and $400 respectively, which I thought was just absolutely insane. So, I had to settle with the Hamilton Beach one shown above. You would think that with Yoshi around, I would have her fur scattered all over the place on top of the dust situation but that hasn't been the case. And she does like to sneak into the room, especially when I am in not around - for some reason she always thinks that I have some food hidden in here. I have never really vacuumed the carpet though because it looks pretty clean so I bet I will find Yoshi's furs down there when I finally do that to prepare the room for the air purifier. There is one place where I always find a rogue Yoshi fur though and that is inside the laser hole at the bottom of the mouse. Every now and then, my mouse will start malfunctioning and whenever that happens, I know that Yoshi's fur is stuck in there blocking the laser. This battle with dust has been going on for a while and I had convinced myself that it was not a big deal. I guess these days, as I am realizing that I am aging at a rapid pace, I am more insistent on getting stuff done. I sure hope that this air purifier is going to help reduce the amount of dust I have floating about the Game Room.

No comments: