○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Eventual 10,000

Well, here we are. I am at 10,002 games. *Faints*

This is what got me to 10K.

How do I celebrate this? Is it even possible to celebrate this because having all of these games is already a celebration in itself? I am feeling excited and somewhat overwhelmed. I mean, 9,000 was a lot but 10,000 just feels, insane? I personally think it's a cool thing, but I have gotten some hate before for my huge Game Library size, so I am sure this is going to fuel the fire on that end. I feel quite accomplished as a gamer. I have successfully built up a gaming collection of my dreams and whatever comes next is just a deck for the Steam client, or in layman's terms, an icing on the cake.

I am not physically buried in games since around 65% of the titles are digital.
I have Personal Computer gaming to thank for that.
Imagine transferring 10K+ physical games between houses.

This milestone is a good time for me to sit down and reflect on things and perhaps redirect some of my energy towards my other fun interests. I don't mind prioritizing the intake of more board games or even getting my hands on more figurines. I still love getting more video games, but it should be easier for me to justify not picking up a new game or two just to get my hot little hands on a new Miku figure. I do have to make it a point to go through all of my physical games to make sure that they are in good working order. I have recently added a "Retired Games" section to my Game Library archive here to reflect games that are now out of commission. I may need to get a working X-Box 360 though since I am having that stuck disc-drive issue with my Elite unit - another reason to always go digital whenever you can, especially on the PC. Please Microsoft, do the gaming world a big favor and allow the Series X the capability to play all of the previous X-Box discs. Ah, that would be a true console dream.

Is it time for these girls to take over the Game Room?

It only took me close to half a century to get to 10,000 though technically, Steam really helped in boosting that number up over the past decade thanks to their crazy sales events. That being said, I guess realistically, getting to 20,000 may not be that farfetched but as always, the number has never been the focus for me. It's just the joy I get in having access to all of these games and playing them at my leisure. Who knows, maybe one day I can have someone who I can appreciate and enjoy all this gaming wealth with me. In the meantime, 10K+ games for one individual gamer is certainly a hell of a good time!

No comments: