○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why Can't Everything Else Be like Steam?

The external USB hard drive support for the Wii U is definitely the best feature that ever came out of the three newer consoles. It's a lot more exciting for me than anything that the PlayStation 4 and the X-Box One have at the moment: why such a thing is not implemented for those two consoles, I will never ever understand. I will forgive you Sony however if you release that backwards compatibility patch soon! Today, I continued to support that Nintendo's super awesome technical decision by downloading the new Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze into my 2 TB external drive. The game is 11 GB in size and the estimated time to finish the download? 2 hours and 30+ minutes:

It's indeed a tropical freeze.

I am so used to downloading way larger Steam games so quickly on the Personal Computer and all of the slow downloads from the consoles are just so annoying. It's funny how all these newer consoles like to tout that overused, meaningless word "next-gen" when there is nothing about them that are even remotely close to the gaming experience provided by Steam. Maybe I should have just waited for the Steam version of this game to be released.

No comments: