○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 21, 2011

X-Box Live: Friend or Faux?

As I am saying my goodbyes to the X-Box Live Gold service - 7 more days to go! - I have been getting strange friend requests on my X-Box 360. How so? Well, over the past several days, I have received a number of friend requests from strangers whom I have never played with before online. I have only shared my gamertag with a select number of individuals but I doubt that this leak came from those trusted group of people. I have shared my interest in garnering new friends on a number of online gaming forums so maybe these requests came from there? But those postings are quite old and none of these people mentioned to me that they were responding to those posts. As a matter of fact, they actually don't say nor do they write much when I asked them for their identity. All I got back in response was a couple of "Hi" and a bunch of "lol". When I get a friend request over X-Box Live, I normally would accept them before I would send a message to the newly acquired acquaintance so when I don't get a definite answer to where these people were coming from, I just deleted them off the list. It is obvious however that someone is coordinating this whole thing but is it done for the purposes of good or evil? I just don't know. Whatever the case may be, it really doesn't bother me at all because the whole thing is just really, uh, stupid. If these random requests did come from people who were interested in fostering a gaming friendship... Well, speak up and no, you don't get an achievement for filling up your friend's list on X-Box Live!

I got this one after that person sent me a party invite and when I joined, he/she didn't say anything!

No comments: