○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guild Wars Progress

In an effort to keep myself motivated to keep playing Guild Wars on the Personal Computer, I have decided to write my progress in the game on a semi-regular basis. My previous play sessions had left me a level 10+ Hunter, a level 15 Assassin, and a level 8 Dervish across the game's three campaigns. The game's level cap is 20. I know it is a bad habit but after transferring all of my items and gold into the storage box, I deleted all of these characters to start fresh. I don't know. There's just something about jumping back on these characters that made me feel a bit disconnected. Well, vast pauses between play probably had something to do with it. So I have created one character thus far and I really want to stick with him for now. The game is split into three campaigns and you don't have to play through them consecutively since they hold different contents but I am going to really focus my attention on the first campaign - which is not an easy thing to do because the better features found in the latter campaigns. I believe that you can play your character across all three capaigns but the funny thing here is I have never gotten to that point thus where I am now today with the game. While trying to decide my character class, I realize how new this game feels to me because I have never really looked at all the options available for the character customization before. You see, in this game, each class has different customization features which means that the characters between the classes will look very different though you will always find your doppelganger in the form of players of the same class. I was tickled by some of the crazy hair styles available for these classes and I almost went for a Necromancer character just because of the Emo hair below:

I guess you have to rest that slick of hair around your ear during dinner.

I came to my senses however and went for a Mesmer male character whom I named "The Friendly Facade". The Mesmer is a support class that specializes in crowd control and damage over time spells. I like passive aggressive abilities and something like a spell that does damage to the enemies whenever they perform an attack is just delicious to no end for someone like me. The game allows for dual-classing and I have decided that Necromancy is the best fit for me so that I can have more evil dots as well as some good burst damage - and the rotten corpses I can summon help mitigate some of the damage coming my way. So everything is off to a good start and I am enjoying completing these newbie quests that I have completed many, many times before when I kept trying out new characters to get into the game. The population of this "Prophecy" campaign seems to be dwindling down somewhat because I remember that there used to be a lot more people hanging about in crazy costumes and doing group dancing at the starting area. But I shouldn't really worry about that too much and just enjoy myself the best that I can.

No, not a Riddler-inspired budding super-villain from that super-fail DC Universe Online.

No comments: