○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 7, 2011

Guild Wars: Soaring After The Searing

Though I have slowed down playing Guild Wars on the Personal Computer a bit, I still try to put in at least a half an hour on the game daily ever since I made the commitment last week to truly explore its contents. As I have mentioned before, I am starting a new character in the game's first campaign, "Prophecy". The thing about this campaign is that it comes with a big - and I mean huge - tutorial area filled with quests and areas to discover and even though one can skip through all of the lavishes offered in this starting area by just quickly completing the main quest line, I always find myself spending perhaps too much time doing a lot of things here before proceeding to the official start of the adventure.

When the tutorial area looks this pretty, can you really blame me for staying there too long?

Well, I am happy to report that I have finally made it out of the tutorial area and into the real meat of the game. Soon after arriving at the new location, I had already been randomly scouted by a guild and as I have done before while playing this game, I always accept any guild invitation sent my way but I would leave if the guild ended up being inactive. So far, the progress I have made with Guild Wars has been rather slow but things are beginning to pick up: my character's Mesmer/Necromancer damage over time combo is quite intriguing! And I really don't have a problem having access to cast just 8 spells at a time.

The real action begins. Surprise me, Guild Wars... and make me love you.

No comments: