○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nintendo 3DS: A Bit Pricey

The gaming community is on fire today over the  release announcement of the Nintendo 3DS portable gaming system. It will be released in Japan on February 26th 2011 and then March here in the United States. The price is a bit steep - it will be around $300 if the Japanese price tag is any indication - but I think that it's just too expensive for a handheld device. That price is even higher than the launch PlayStation Portable. I am sure that the 3D technology is to be blamed for this. I really like inclusion of the analogue stick and the home button on the 3DS - not to mention the whole 3D without glasses that will change the application of 3D in home entertainment in the future you just wait - and of course I am dying to get one myself. But perhaps it's a good idea not to become an early adopter of the 3DS because of Nintendo's obsession with releasing slight hardware upgrades within the lifespan of their past handheld system, like the repeatedly evolving Nintendo DS. The actual price for the North American release is still up in the air though so there is still a tiny bit of hope that it may go below that $300 mark.

But why is the second analogue stick still missing
It would so fit under the face buttons on the right hand side of the device.

No comments: