○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Item Shop Madness!

I logged into my Steam account today and I was browsing through the list of new releases available there: wow, there are a lot of new Genesis games being sold on Steam now - I surely hope that more will be on their way. Then I saw a game called Recettear: An Item Shop Tale from EasyGameStation that was made available on the 10th of this month. I saw that it was available for pre-order before but I didn't notice that a demo was made available for the game then. If I played the demo before the full game was released, I would most likely have it pre-ordered for the discounted early purchase price.

Yes you can silly girl... But you surely have to pay for it!

This deceptively simple game about managing an item shop - like the one you visit in a typical Japanese role playing game - is quite addicting. You stock up staple RPG items, place them on the display areas of your store, and haggle with your customers while trying to make a hefty profit. As simple as that may sound, it's incredibly thrilling to make a sale and increase your profit margin, especially with a looming deadline approaching for a large bill that you have to pay off. To make things a lot more interesting, there is also a hack and slash action role playing game hidden within the game's design where you can travel alongside an adventurer to raid dungeons and find items to sell at your shop. I am just going to maximize everything that I can do in this demo version but I will definitely be getting this game in the future.

FIRST IMPRESSION: 4 out of 5

No comments: