○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Game Alert: Dial M for Melodrama Edition!

My copy of Metroid: Other M for the Nintendo Wii has arrived today. The game definitely isn't like any of the other Metroid games as I discovered its heavy usage of cut-scenes and full motion videos - they do look mighty impressive however. Team Ninja's involvement in the making of this game can already be felt in the extra dramatic and cheesy dialogues, the shameless sexploitation of Samus, as well as the action-heavy gameplay. It is a mystery why Nintendo didn't just design this game using the straight up classic Metroid formula of 2D exploration but with 3D graphics since traces of that are certainly evident in this game. Good thing that the game is still fun to play but I doubt that it will come close to matching the excellence of any of the previous Metroid titles.

I am missing the silent Samus already...

No comments: