○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 2, 2008

New PC Project Completion

My new PC was completed in the early morning of Friday last week. Over the weekend, I have been playing a number of games in 1920 x 1080 with all the settings pushed to max, except anti-aliasing, to test out just how powerful this expensive project really is. In addition to some old favorites, I have also tested games that would normally crawl pathetically on my previous build. Last week, I mentioned that I would be bumping up my RAM to 6.00 GB. That unfortunately didn't happen since I ended up with a Windows XP 32-bit edition. The recognized amount of RAM I have in it is only showing with 2.75 GB. I am working on securing a 64-bit XP to reach that higher threshold but whether that is going to happen or not is really not my main focus at the moment.


I am so playing Oblivion again now that its true beauty is finally revealed.

So how does it perform? All I can say is that I am in love with this new PC. The first game I installed on it was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The game has never looked better. With shader 3.0 support and an out of this world fluidity of frame rate, I am now compelled to play the game again! I started a new character already and I plan to spend a lot of time with him. I have never seen anything so beautiful; it goes beyond anything I have seen on the current generation consoles. Playing Neverwinter Nights 2 with decent settings was near impossible before but this game is no longer a problem for my PC. There is no frame rate hitch at all even when the action is intense. Other games tested include Loki (tremendous improvement), Fable: The Lost Chapter (negligible difference), Titan Quest (3x the frame rate), Gothic 3 (like night and day), and Audiosurf (surprisingly much improved). I heard that at this point, Crysis is really the game to beat when it comes to flexing a PC's muscles. I finally dared to pick up the game today and I will be playing it tomorrow. Stay tuned!


It may look ugly on the ouside but don't judge a PC by its case!

No comments: