○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 9, 2008

Review: T-Wireless NW Gamepad


T-Wireless NW Gamepad (2007)
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Purchase Date: 06/08/2008

Using the Nintendo GameCube controller on the Wii has always been a major hassle for me: I have to plug in an ugly extension cord to the console because of the controller cable's short length and it becomes an eyesore during and after play time. I did purchase a Wavebird controller a while back but it is no longer working. Thrustmaster's T-Wireless NW Gamepad is the perfect solution to the unnecessary mess in front of my entertainment center and it is the better alternative to Nintendo's own Wavebird just for the simple fact that the rumble feature is intact. The dual analogue sticks here are different than the default GameCube placements as they nicely follow Sony's dualshock layout. It is also quite similar in terms of its size to the PlayStation controller as well as being lightweight and comfortable. It can be used on any virtual console, GameCube, and gamepad-enabled Wii games. Everything on this controller is responsive, except for four shoulder buttons that require players to press hard on them to register the commands. The old-school "slow" and "turbo" functionalities can also be found here but they are worthless additions to be frank. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to find a wireless gamepad solution for the Wii. If only it accepts AA batteries instead of AAA, I would have given it a perfect rating.

RATING: 4 out of 5

No comments: