○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, July 12, 2008

64-Bit Upgrade

I updated my Windows XP to the 64-bit version yesterday. Aside from some weird confusion with the two program files generated by the new operating system that lead to improper deletions, I just love how fast everything runs. Most importantly, all of my 4GB worth of RAM is now fully recognized. I have only played Everquest II on it so far - I have to reinstall my other games back onto the hard drive. EQII is not really that friendly when it comes to supporting newer gaming system that it was supposedly programmed for (so much for future proof but they are supposedly working on it) so there is hardly any performance boost received from the extra RAM power. Logging out of the game back to Windows is now very, very fast though.


Can't wait to add another 4 Gig of RAM in!

No comments: