○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Origin Achievements - It's Here?!

I logged into Electronic Arts' Origin client this morning and after the client updated itself, noticed something different... There's some strange numbers next to my profile. What's this? Achievement points?! The one feature that plenty of people have been asking EA to implement on the Origin service is finally here? After reading the 9.2.1 patch note, I discovered that EA has indeed launched its long-awaited Origin Achievement and even added existing achievements from Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 into our profiles. As eye-rolling orgasmic as this may be to achievement whores, this is merely a small step for EA since developers would now need to ensure that they provide the necessary support for Origin Achievements for all their Origin-bound games. It is possible for previous games to receive achievement patches but that would just be a waste of time so it's not going to happen. Still, this is a treat for those who support the platform who just happen to enjoy whoring, I mean, unlocking achievements. I did notice that my ME3 achievements didn't register on my profile and I had to boot the game for some crazy achievement pop-ups to happen, thus correcting the problem. Unlike the silent pop-up in Steam, when you unlock achievements in Origin, you get a cute electronic bopping noise that sounded like something they took from the ME series. I will still get third party games on Steam but this is definitely a step ahead for EA. Now let's add something actually meaningful to those Origin Points shall we? Maybe we can buy games with them?

Because achievement whoring is the way of the world these days.

No comments: