○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Everything from the Steam Grid

Steam makes playing video games on the Personal Computer an incredibly orgasmic experience and this latest edition to the Steam client further solidifies its sexual - I mean - gaming prowess over everything else... I really can't believe that this feature has been made available in the beta client for over a month now. I can be pretty behind when it comes to reading update notes but today, when the client needed to be restarted, I actually took the time to read about the fixes and that was when I saw that you can add custom images to your library grid. This is a feature that the community has been begging from Valve for like an eternity and I really am ecstatic that it's finally available. Basically, this will make you want to add non-Steam applications to be launched from your Steam library because now when you do that, they don't look out of place anymore: Before, they were represented by small icons in large blank grids. You do have to put some work to make things look right - you have to either find a grid image or make one yourself: 460 x 215 is the recommended pixel size. The result is extremely satisfying, so much so that I plan to have all my non-Steam games linked to my Steam account and access to play them from there exclusively! I have only added one so far, but I am working to get the rest of them in. This feature is also not limited to the non-Steam games - if you like, you can even replace the default images for the grid icons of the Steam games of your choice!

Of course I am going to use the stunning Leona as the custom grid image!

Update Note: 7:00pm - Well, this is interesting. Since I have never launched a non-Steam application from the Steam client before - I was totally discouraged to do so because of the previously ugly grid panel for non-Steam games - I didn't know that doing so will enable in-game access to the Steam Community - like it's just another Steam-installed title. Even the Steam Screenshot works! Cool.

No comments: