○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August 2010 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 38

League of Legends on the Personal Computer has taken the number one most played spot for its third month in a row. If this is not a convincing enough reason for anyone who hasn't tried out this free game to finally get on board, I don't know what else I could do to make things clearer: This game is just incredibly addictive. To be honest, I was expecting for the likes of Runes of Magic as well as Allods Online, two "free to play" massively multiplayer online role playing games that I started playing last month to rise up to the top of the list but they are certainly just pale in comparison to LoL.

Next up is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the Nintendo DS. I usually play this for about half an hour or so before I go to bed. I really like the game's story where you play a role of a "god" and it's great to see that more and more Japanese role playing games are implementing a vast amount of visual character customizations. Tied at second place is the modern classic Plants vs. Zombies. This game has so many unlockables and I was working to get them all while streaming the gameplay on my Justin.tv channel. The incredible musical pieces found within are a compelling enough reason to spend some more time playing the game.

I really worked hard to get to the end of the PlayStation 2's Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia until my PlayStation 3 died, taking with it the 30+ hours of save file data. I tried to heal my wound by playing the sequel, Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica but now, I actually stopped playing it because it just feels a bit awkward to jump into the sequel like that. The great thing is of course, the two games can stand on their own so I shouldn't let the trauma of the situation to stop me from actually finishing up the sequel. Another game tied at third place is... Runes of Magic for the PC! I was expecting to play it more frequently though... Perhaps I should start back on it again this month.

Best New Game of the Month:
Puzzle Quest 2 (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (X-Box 360)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange Mafia 2 doesn´t even appear on that list.
If you enjoyed the first you should try the new but keep in mind it´s not a gta clone. It´s a linear (and great) third person shooter disguised as a sandbox.

Loner Gamer said...

I have no interest in that series at the moment.

Anonymous said...

ok...
hey do you know if the new tomb raider for pc will have local coop?

Loner Gamer said...

Based on this description page on Steam, that would be a yes.

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah! Why the hell other pc games has no local coop when the console version does? I fucking hate that!