○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 3, 2009

First GameFly Game Arrives

It looks like my GameFly subscription is going to be a day slower - make that two days when you count the return turn around time - than my Netflix subscription. The first game was shipped out early Tuesday morning and it arrived today. After a strange delay, the second game was shipped out Wednesday so I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow.


So the honor of being the first game rented by me goes to X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition for the X-Box 360. I did not have the game placed at the very top of my rental queue but apparently the availability of the more popular games fluctuates like the stock market. I have encountered that too on Netflix but this seems more prevalent on GameFly. I have already started playing Wolverine and so far, I am indifferent in regards to the whole notion of ownership vs. rental nature of the game itself. It does feel a bit odd to know that I have to send this game back and if this was a game I purchased, I probably wouldn't have spent a straight 2 hours playing it because the game is not that extraordinary. The second game that is coming my way will be Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PlayStation 3. Though I really want to play it on the Personal Computer, I thought the console version is worth the rent since the PC version is not even out yet and GameFly doesn't rent out PC games for obvious reasons.

No comments: