○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

LIVE Gold: Fake Glitter

I was on my X-Box 360 this evening to satisfy my Ginga Force cravings when I noticed that Microsoft is offering Gotham City Imposters as their featured free game for LIVE Gold members:

I guess they are not lying about offering "free" games.

I was pretty sure that the game was announced to be free to play a while back so I went to my Steam account and noticed that it was indeed free to play while it has a price tag of $14.99 on the X-Box LIVE store. Apparently it only went free to play on the Personal Computer via Steam. But if you are not already a Gold member, why would you pay a monthly subscription fee for something that is free to begin with (online multiplayer) only to receive a game that you can get on Steam for free where you don't have to pay anything to play it with others online. If I was a LIVE Gold member, I would be pretty upset with this poor free game offering. Surely there are plenty of other games they could offer the Gold members instead of a game that can be played for free somewhere else already?

Hmm... No subscription fees required.

No comments: