○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, November 6, 2008

October 2008 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:





Total Number of Games Played: 88

Though I get frustrated often by the game - I am so close to hitting top 100 on the Leaderboards - I still play Ikaruga quite frequently. In fact, it has been occupying the top most played spots ever since I started writing these monthly reports. I further improved my score for each stage last month so it looks like it is just a matter of time until I get to reach my goal. Galaga Legions followed closely behind: I am in the top 100 for some of the stages/modes but I can definitely get better at it. I love shoot-'em-ups too much not to play these marvelous games constantly.

Fable II is a great game but the loading time is abysmal. Though Fallout 3 has recently dominated most of my play time, I am determined to further explore Fable II in the near future so that I can discover if there is anything else substantial after the completion of the main quest: I have only been completing the side quests for the most part thus far.

My newest obsession last month was definitely Triggerheart Exelica, a quirky shooter I downloaded early this year but could never get into until recently when I really paid attention to its odd and tricky gameplay. Expect a review for this one soon! I definitely played more quickie arcade games on X-Box 360 than usual - I did this whenever people wanted to have a long chat online.

Best New Game of the Month:
Dead Space (X-Box 360)*
*It really is incredible. I am going to continue playing it again soon.

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Silent Hill: Homecoming (X-Box 360)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
The Eye of Judgment Sets 2 & 3 (PlayStation 3)

No comments: