○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Games Played 11/18/2008

Culdcept Saga - X-Box 360
Ikaruga - X-Box 360
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - X-Box 360


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Final Fantasy VIII (1999)
Developer: Squaresoft
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 09/10/1999


I'm sorry but Rinoa seems more desperate than anything else.

It may be easy to make fun of the super-extended summon sequences found in this game but back then, they looked so gorgeous that you really wouldn't mind seeing them again and again. I was a big fan of them as I spammed summons after summons against the nonstop waves of random battles the game threw at me. Though the relationship between Rinoa and Squall was hardly believable, the game's mercenary vs. witch storyline was captivating enough until it got really convoluted near the end. The instructor-turned awkward love interest-turned generic party member Quistis is the most memorable thing about this game for me. She's my favorite Final Fantasy character, hands down.

LIBRARY STATUS: 5 out of 5

No comments: