○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, November 17, 2008

Games Played 11/11/2008

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - NDS
Ikaruga - X-Box 360
Left 4 Dead Demo - X-Box 360*
Silent Hill: Homecoming - X-Box 360

*One would think that after the success of the Gears of War series, developers would stop making shooters in first person. Early screenshots hinted that the game may be playable in third person view but unfortunately that is not the case. The game is fun when played with three other friends but it's a bit mindless. It's not cerebral like the Resident Evil Outbreak games on the PlayStation 2. It's an all out shooter. I am not too thrilled about this one though almost all my online friends are just crazy about it.


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Darkwatch (2005)
Developer: High Moon Studios
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 08/09/2005


What happened to all the bandits I should be shooting at?

Darkwatch successfully blends elements from the western first person shooter genre with a heavy dose of the supernatural. The event-filled scenarios in the story mode is fun to play through. It's nothing revolutionary but it kept my interest. Seriously though, who wouldn't want to play as a vampire law enforcer? There is a 16-player X-Box Live mode in the game, a feature that I completely ignored when I first got it. I am trying to be better at exploring the online options of the newer games I purchase.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: