○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, September 19, 2010

LoL's Upcoming Graphical Overhaul

When I first started playing League of Legends on the Personal Computer, I thought the graphics were horrible. It took me a while to adjust to the cartoonish look of the game and I really don't mind them at all when I play the game these days. The newer champions that have been introduced to the game are nicer looking as well, with better character animations and an extra amount of details as well as complexities in the model constructions. Riot Games has recently announced that the game will be receiving a visual bump in the near future - not to mention the addition of a new battlefield. They have posted a couple of screenshots that showcased the graphical upgrade. Unfortunately, the new look doesn't look that impressive. It looks like they have added some additional polygons on the character models plus a heavy usage of bump mapping and an extra layer of sheen, making the characters look like plastic toys. The new graphics seem to take some of the the charm of the original look and I think that cell-shading would probably fit this game's art style a little better. Still, the new models definitely look a lot fancier than the original and I cannot wait to see how the environments and creeps will look like after the switch.

This is how Gragas, the fat drunk, looks like at the moment.

After the update, he's going to be fat and shiny.

No comments: