○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Tale of Two JRPGs

With my recent involvement with Namco Bandai's Tales of Xillia on the PlayStation 3 may have started off wonderfully but things are starting to wind down a bit for me thanks to some of its rather annoying characters. I don't mind silliness in my Japanese role playing games but sometimes, I yearn for some kind of believably. There are just some things that I just don't care to understand in the game, like how quickly strangers begin to trust each other before deciding to adventure together. This is a common theme in the genre however but I can't help to think back about my favorite game in the series - Tales of Symphonia - and how convincing the start of the game was in terms of the creation of the initial adventuring party. I do plan to continue playing Xillia of course but I had to pull myself away from it and concentrate on another JRPG. For some reason, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria came to my mind thus I booted the game up and found myself really enjoying it. Perhaps I am just glad to find myself in the midst of a darker, more well-thought storyline. I have played Silmeria many times before but I have never completed the story before. I plan on doing so this time around.

It's hard to take these guys seriously sometimes...

The screen resolution may be lower but Silmeria is the graphically superior game here.

No comments: