○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Speeding Towards 10K

It is kind of scary, but it is also kind of exciting. I am inching closer and closer to hitting the 10,000 titles mark for my Game Library. That is 10,000 games at my fingertips. Seems like too much power for a gamer to wield. But is it really power? Or a curse? I know that to some segment of the gamer population, this seems to be a bad thing. As I have encountered too many times, the knowledge about my library size usually sends some people to some sort of frenzy where they immediately go on the defensive, as if I was trying to compare my dick size to theirs. But of course, I have been welcomed with a more positive, friendly reaction. Look, I am not actively trying to get my library bursting at the seams. It just kind of happen. I am a full-fledged gamer. I like playing games and I like getting them. Both of those things make me happy in this life and I am going to participate in them unapologetically. The nastier reactions take me back to the olden days when video gaming was at its infancy. Gamers were perceived as weirdos back then by the normies, and the last thing I wanted is to have gamers themselves make me feel that way again.

The physical display of games remains mostly the same thanks to the digital age of gaming.

The question now is, will I be able to hit this new milestone before 2024? Don't be too quick to answer that. We all know that Steam is the main contributor to the fast-growing number but, be informed that because of that very reason, it's becoming harder and harder for me to find games to get during a Steam sales event. Even the weekly sales have not been that exciting to me because, well, sometimes I already have all these games they are featuring and also, if the games on offer are similar to other titles I have in my library, I would be willing to wait for a much deeper discount. On the console front, Microsoft and Sony have both fully embraced releasing their internal studio games on the Personal Computer so the only additions from this side of gaming will mainly come from the last holdout, Nintendo. Getting this close to 10K also means that perhaps I can definitely prioritize more on my recently growing interest in physical board games. I have also been wanting to get back into growing my Miku collection, alongside other fancier looking figures - sorry, no Funko Pop for me. I am, of course, will remain committed to my love of video games for the rest of my life, but one thing is certain: I have fulfilled all that I have ever wanted to have in my life as a gamer and as I continue to stay current with video games, I have no regrets moving forward into the future with the hobby.

No comments: