○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Hot Twitch Career 2023: Channel Manager?

It only makes sense. Who doesn't want to make easy money? We can tell each other all about our dream careers or professional aspirations but at the end of the day, doing less work but getting more money will always triumph everything. This is perhaps the allure of pursuing the path of an "influencer" on social media, like Twitch. I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to just sit and play video games while racking in thousands of dollars each month even if just pretend to enjoy the process or gaming in itself. Alas! Being a financially successful Twitch streamer is not easy. So perhaps, we need to aim a tad lower and find a more, uh, creative approach to funneling that sweet Twitch money our way by becoming... the manager of Twitch streamers?

He follows your channel at the start of your stream, and he does it all! Why wouldn't you hire him?

First off, I get it. There are probably legit "managers" for Twitch streamers out there. Just like all the other celebrities across the multitudes of media out there, some of them just don't want to deal with stuff that is not fun. In this case for example, interacting with fans off-stream, creating video highlights, worrying about the taxes, or like the screenshot shows above, promoting the brand. Thus, I don't doubt that for the bigger streamers out there, they may need a little help managing these things so that they can just enjoy their acquired wealth. Unfortunately, just as the promise of being a Twitch star has attracted millions to start streaming on the website, now the promise of working for Twitch streamers are starting to get pretty viral as well.

People who stop by your channel only to ask if you need to hire an artist to design your chat emotes or channel art have been around for a while. They would shamelessly say a couple of lines of relevant things to your stream before giving you their pitch and as soon as they sniff out your disinterest, they immediately disappear. But I have noticed for the last couple of months an uptick in the number of "channel managers" suddenly appearing to ensure that you know they exist in case you are in need of their services. Around 90% of the follows I have received recently are from these managers. They don't even bother chatting with you anymore. They just come in and drop a follow. Of course, I am always curious about those who follow me, and I would check out their channels to see if I would be interested in watching them: this is what these managers are banking on. What I find really funny about these managers, or even your typical channel artists, is that they are targeting low viewership or unpopular channels, like mine. The fact that the latter would solicit in the chat is an immediate indication of unprofessionalism. If these guys are really serious about what they do, why not ask discreetly by contacting their potential clients off-stream? I guess having that management gig for a hundred small channels is better than scoring a big client who would never hire a random so-called professional from the Twitch website itself. And again, like the whole game-begging situation I ran into recently, these guys are obviously not smart. I have checked out some of these chat solicitor artists before while watching other channels and they actually do some amazing work. But they are in need of a serious promoter because they don't know how to sell themselves. If they would spend more time infusing themselves into the fabric of the targeted clients' communities before going in for the kill, they probably would score a couple of gigs (albeit they won't be making much cash from it).

Believe it or not, F4F is still a thing on Twitch.

But yes, I am done seeing all of these channel managers on the site. It's gotten so bad that I even added it to my Twitch chat rule. The fact that these guys would still drop me follows means that they don't even bother trying to type anything in the chat. I imagine these people waking up in the morning, jumping on their computer naked and stinky, and start browsing recently started channels before spamming follows. I don't know if they are advanced enough to use bots to do this for them. I used to ban them immediately, but I got tired of doing that. The good thing, usually they would just unfollow after a couple of days, which means that they got hurt that they were not contacted for their services? Let's hope that this trend will end soon in 2023 to make room for the next trend... Face-camming while streaming from the toilet since sleeping streams are a thing these days thanks to a game category. What are you waiting for developers? A "crap" themed game could be a major success! I can see it now. All the gasm faces filling up the screen in the I Don't Give a Crap game category... And you know Twitch loves those if Kreygasm is any indication.

No comments: