○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Living in the Moment as a Gamer

My recent Game Room revival project has lifted me up emotionally so 2023 is off to a good start. At the start of this process, I could barely move around the room because I had to unstack the many large boxes and placed them individually on the floor to access their contents. I am getting closer and closer to regaining my virtual reality space after clearing the area as I continue to empty these boxes. In terms of actually playing my video games, that has been quite satisfying and productive too.

It's good to be able to stop and smell the hedgehogs again.

I have stopped overthinking my game selection during a play session and I have reverted back to my normal self, which means making mood-based choices. I have been worrying about my insistence on playing Heroes of the Storm when I can't decide on a game to play but I have fully accepted that part of me again. Over the past year, I made it a point to consciously avoid jumping on HotS to ensure that I force myself to play other games in my collection. But not anymore. This has led to extended 4-hour HotS sessions, and they were glorious! I think it's important to remember that in our short lives, we should always follow our hearts. I'm not saying to act irresponsibly (in this case, I do want to make sure that I get to the other titles but only if the desire for them comes naturally), but to do our best to always stay true to ourselves. I have worked hard to build up my Game Library and that is why I feel that it's important that I can appreciate it every day. And I'm so close to getting the Game Library running at full force again, even with the looming threat of losing it all at a moment's notice. The latter part is no longer a concern to me. Just like life itself in general, we do not know when it's time for us to leave this existence. The important thing is that we hold on to life and enjoy it while it's still there. And I want to do the same when it comes to appreciating the presence of my Game Room.

Several areas in the Game Room are starting to look fantastic.

No comments: