○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Loner the Board Gamer?

Last month's release of Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace on Steam had lured me into an unexpected world of physical deckbuilding and board games that the title was based on. Judging from the trailer and screenshots, the game itself looks rather interesting. The physical board/deckbuilding games that are available for this Arkham Horror Files franchise however, believe it or not, are a lot more intriguing. Can't believe I am actually saying that something is more exciting than video game! After an exhausting amount of research, bear in mind that I am very new to this world of complicated physical games, I have decided to hold off on getting Mother's Embrace, place Arkham Horror: The Card Game aside for now because it has too many expansions and they are hard to find, skip Arkham Horror: 3rd Edition because it seems to be a weird mix between the two physical games, and went ahead and got Eldritch Horror because of its more open-ended play structure.

Rules, tokens, dice, cards. It's going to be a long night!

On the official site, the game is described as follows: "Eldritch Horror is a cooperative game for one to eight players, based on the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft and inspired by the classic board game Arkham Horror. In Eldritch Horror, investigators travel the globe in an urgent quest to save the world from a diabolical, omnipotent Ancient One. With four different Ancient Ones, twelve investigators, numerous monsters, and hundreds of possible encounters, every game provides an unique and epic adventure." That sure sounds like a good time to me. I will be primarily playing this alone for my first couple of sessions before possibly opening this up for some real co-op play. I will write more about my experience with Eldritch Horror soon and I am really looking forward to taking this little detour from my beloved video games.

No comments: