○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Is It Safe to Buy Games With Epic Around?

The Epic Games Store has been a blessing to the Personal Computer gaming world with its weekly offer of free games. Let's not forget that it also brings something that is sorely missing from Electronic Arts' soon to be replaced Origin and Ubisoft Connect, a real competitive edge in a Steam dominated world. Epic has not been cheap at all with their free game selections. These games being offered for free have been either significant titles or more known smaller releases with flops rarely ever being presented in the lineup.

Dauntless is still alive? I thought the Monster Hunter PC releases killed it.

I would always feel somewhat disappointed whenever the free games are titles that I already have in my Game Library. It turned into slight regret when they are games that I recently purchased not too long ago but long enough that the refund window has closed. Cris Tales and the two modernized retro games shown in the screenshot above (their announcements have been rescinded for some reason if you look at the store now) are games that I recently acquired during the Steam Winter Sale last year. A little bit of patience for the price to drop further would have scored me these games for free via Epic. But that's the real dilemma, isn't it? How much further do I want for the price to drop to get them? Life is too short and sometimes, it's best to just get these games so that I don't have to worry about acquiring them as I keep chasing the other titles on my wish list. Then again, thanks to Epic's great track record of offering seriously good games for free weekly, maybe it's time to really slow it down and let them do the work since I already have so many games to begin with?

No comments: