○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

In Need of a Sex Change

Yesterday, I started a new playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 for the Personal Computer. I was reminded of the game after I saw a big announcement about the latest patch version 1.5 for the game on Steam. The patch is primarily rolled out to give PlayStation 5 and X-Box Series X players their proper visual update, but I understand that they have also added a host of new changes to the game as well. I was just curious if they ever fixed the missing image of V on reflective surfaces: the fact that this game is one of the first to implement real time ray tracing and to have your main character missing from the equation is quite an embarrassment. I was disappointed to find out that V is still not showing any reflection outside of some special mirrors, which is really, really odd. Perhaps I need to get to the part when V is revealed to be a vampire.

Sindel... Is that you?
When you are trying to make Ingrid and got a MK character instead.

Now that I am back in the game though, I am planning to give Cyberpunk 2077 another shot. I was so bored of it during the last 3 new character attempts. I deleted all of my previous saves even though I have the playthrough of the last character on my YouTube channel, which means I can just watch the lead up to where I left off. This is because I want to start fresh again. And this time, I made a female V. The last 3 were males. Well, a female V with a male voice just to spice up the game. And you know what? I think that was all that I needed to do to make me more engaged with the game. Compared to the previous attempts, it seemed like I was better at the combat, utilizing stealth and hacks more efficiently during the first mission where you have to save that rich woman from having her implants harvested. This reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins actually. I made so many different characters in that game, mostly males. Then, when I created Ingrid, my beautiful, powerful, extra bitchy but definitely kick-arse warrior princess, everything just clicked, and I made it through to the end with her. Maybe I play games better as a female character. I will have to put this to the test in other games. It did work with the Mass Effect trilogy as I finished them with an Ingrid as well. I do know that playing male characters does get pretty distracting because I would normally get too busy ogling over them. Especially when I can make them extra stubbly. Hey, I just know what I like.

No comments: