○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Are You Ready for Elden Ring?

Ah, Elden Ring by FromSoftware, one of the most hyped-up games ever, coming to your PlayStation 4/5, variety of X-Boxes and the Personal Computer. It is coming out tomorrow and you can pre-load the game today to further heighten that sense of anticipation. To me, it's just another Souls game and if the past couple of them is any indication, the experience is probably going to be... as expected. Which is, oh everything looks new, feels new, but it's the same old game. And yes, I still feel the same way about the whole "oh the Souls games are so hard" nonsense. It's a game where you learn enemy patterns and location layouts. Demanding? Yes. Annoying? Maybe. Hard? No.

The core gameplay is probably as "elden" as the ring.

My favorite Souls game is definitely Dark Souls with Demon's Souls (the original, I have not played the remake) coming as a close second. The rest, to be frank, have not left that much of an impact on me. I lasted longer in Dark Souls II but I just couldn't tolerate the same old same old feeling of Dark Souls III and quit playing that rather quickly. These days, games have to be extra special for me to keep playing them. Bloodborne also suffered the same fate as III. It felt too similar, it felt too old. It's all very Victorian, like we are forever stuck in time. Since playing just one of these games require some serious time commitment, how much time can you spend playing them until you get sick of it all because the learning process is rather exhausting. But it can also certainly be thrilling, and it is my hope that perhaps I can find that spark in Elden Ring. As always, I didn't watch any gameplay for this game outside of the trailer and I am aware that this game will be "open world" in its design - but I thought all of the Souls games outside of Demon's Souls were technically open world? I have a busy calendar these days and I am already focused on several other titles, but we shall see if this game can also call out to me over the coming weeks. Everything will be documented on my YouTube channel of course. If you are interested in a true blind gameplay of Elden Ring and all other titles in my Game Library, make sure to check out the channel and subscribe!

No comments: