○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Games Played 08/16/2008

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 - PlayStation 2
Bionic Commando Rearmed - X-Box 360
Hyper Duel - SegaSaturn
Ikaruga - X-Box 360
Legend: Hand of God Demo - PC*
Mutant Storm Empire - X-Box 360
Savage 2: Tortured Soul Demo - PC**
Titan Quest - PC

*I am currently on the lookout for a good role playing game so anything that remotely resembles that genre will be investigated. Goodness gracious this game is BAD. The voice acting is one of the worst I have ever heard - and you can't skip the hero's dialogue in a conversation. The cursor on the screen is represented by a fairy who is the hero's friend... Could I say Zelda copycat? It's too bad really because the game's graphics are quite competent.

**Nice blend of RPG/strategy/first person shooter. I just don't like the fact that it is too focused on teamwork-based online play and it lacks any real single player mode. They could easily make this a full-fledged single player adventure game.


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


The Legend of Dragoon (2000)
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 06/15/2000


The game has some of the best PSOne CG cinematics.

When it comes to Japanese role playing games, I often get into the habit of playing them all the way up until the final chapter before quitting them. For the majority of the time, I blame the high difficulty level as the main culprit behind this. Usually, a JRPG gets unrelenting during its final chapter, forcing players to grind before tackling the final assault and I normally rather jump to the next game waiting to be played. The same thing happened here with The Legend of Dragoon. I do utterly love this game to death and examining it closely again makes me want to complete it. There is an impressive humanity vs. dragons storyline and an absolutely heartbreaking love story involving one of its main characters by the name of Rose. This game has just made it into my list of games that I must play again.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: