○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Games Played 08/25/2008

Champions of Norrath - PlayStation 2
Strikers I & II - PlayStation 2

*Yesterday was a really slow day of gaming for me. I had to do some cross-city travels that left me with very little play time.


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Tekken Tag Tournament (1999)
Developer: Namco Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 2001


The background may not be 100% 3D but it doesn't matter
when the overall effect looks absolutely stunning!

Unlike Namco's more successful Soul Calibur series, the Tekken games have always been about button mashing. Tournament rises above the rest because of one important addition: This version is the best Tekken ever made because of its focus on 2 vs. 2 bouts. The ability to switch characters on the fly adds a gameplay depth never before available in the first 3 games. When the sequels suddenly lack this feature, they ended up feeling more shallow than ever before. Tekken Tag also has the best graphics in the series even without any fancy 16:9 ratio nor progressive scan mode. It has been years since I last played the game and I am very impressed by how extremely good looking it still is. I absolutely enjoy the fast techno-vibe music that accompanies the fighting. This is the most polished Tekken ever made.

LIBRARY STATUS: 5 out of 5

No comments: