○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Typical Guy Not Noticing a Haircut...

Remember how I was so obsessed with Leona when she was first introduced in League of Legends for the Personal Computer? Well, I always felt like there was something... "different" about her as the time go by but I just couldn't quite pin down the source of that strange feeling. I could never figure out what it was because it's not like she got a gameplay redesign or anything drastic like that and the whole thing ended up being something very, very subtle that I finally managed to figure out last night while I was perusing my past articles!

Current Leona on the left and the original splash art on the right.

As embarrassing as it may be, apparently I never noticed that Riot Games had given her a haircut. This happened sometime between the moment when I first captured the original splash art on July 11th, 2011 - wow, has it been THAT long - and when I wrote about her again on April 22nd, 2012! I suppose that Riot wanted her to look more authoritative and stoic because the extra hair in the original look is just a bit too feminine... I personally don't have any problem with it but I have to agree that she does look a lot more formidable with less hair. But you know what they say, it's what's on the inside that counts so it's not a bad thing to not notice physical improvements such as a haircut, right?

No comments: