○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Several More From Last Year

Three new games have been inducted into the Game Library today. I had these ordered late last month because they were on sale and since I had a lot of new Steam games to mess around with, I didn't see any need to expedite the shipping. Two of them are for the X-Box 360 - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and Resonance of Fate - while the third is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition for the PlayStation 3. I was really impressed by the demo for Enslaved so I hope that the remainder of the game is as memorable as the truly spectacular opening sequence. Resonance of Fate is a Tri-Ace creation so I am expecting  an engaging battle mechanics - the whole "acrobatic gun battles" seems to be rather unique. The one thing that really excites me about this game is that you can see actual changes to the characters' looks when you have them equipped with new new equipments and outfits, something that needs to happen more in Japanese role playing games. I wasn't too thrilled about Castlevania: LoS when I played the demo even with its extremely gorgeous graphics. The promise of epic boss battles in the forms of towering monstrosities in that Shadow of the Colossus fashion convinced me to pick up the game however. I hope that they will not disappoint. The packaging for the "Limited Edition" is very fancy. The case itself has an utterly lacking-in-content artbook attached inside of it and it is wrapped with a plastic sleeve. This edition comes with a soundtrack CD as well.

The first "new" games of 2011.

No comments: