○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Don't Judge a Dungeon Crawler By Its Platform

Another new addition to my forever expanding Game Library today in the form of a Nintendo DS title: Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City. The first Etrian Odyssey that was released in 2007 is still one of the best dungeon crawler role playing games in the market with its old school hardcore design that forces you level grind your characters and make intelligent decisions when customizing their individual growth as well as their overall effectiveness as a team. It looks like this third entry is almost a carbon copy of the first game - I still haven't picked up the second but now I have an idea of how that one was probably designed - and even the first quest that involves you talking to a guard to completely charter your first dungeon map is delivered in too similar of a fashion. The environmental settings have changed however and the character classes are a lot more interesting. This game is dangerously addictive and tonight, I actually chose to play it instead of League of Legends because I want to keep leveling up my characters! Yes, Etrian Odyssey III that good.

Not only did it drown the city, it will also eat up a lot of your precious free time.

No comments: