○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, April 10, 2014

PlayStation 4: A Quest for Excitement

I recently got the PlayStation 4 Camera so that I could finally check out The Playroom and despite being so underutilized currently, I do believe that the device has a lot of potential. It seems to be able to perceive depth and player position really well - I absolutely love how the spherical flying robot named Asobi is able to move behind the player and disappear convincingly from view when it does so - and unlike the Kinect or its newer iteration with the X-Box One, I love the fact that it uses the light from the DualShock 4 as a basis to do a lot of cool things, like how it can emit a laser display and push out cute little robots. I am really looking forward to the future titles that will utilize the camera plus the Move controllers but in the meantime, there is not much going on with the console unfortunately. I want to change that though as I look for some of the more interesting games to play on the PS4. I am not in a hurry to play the new Infamous because the hero seems too bratty thus annoying and the game doesn't even look as good as it did on the E3 reveal, which of course shouldn't come as a surprise anymore these days. I really want to play the new Dynasty Warriors 8 on the PS4 but the price for it is just too crazy high for what is basically a PlayStation 3 game with slight graphical improvements so I am going for Skylanders Swap Force instead since I found the starter kit with a nicely discounted price.

I won't go skydiving but is skylanding really the safer alternative?

I spent a couple of sleepless nights thinking about this investment because I would have to get the other figurines to fully take advantage of the game but in the end, I think it's going to be manageable. I don't plan to get them all but who knows, I may ended up liking the game too much and do just that. In any case, I am confident that it will keep my PS4 occupied for at least a little while.


Update Note: 3:55pm - Well, I am glad that I wasn't even close to move forward with Dynasty Warriors 8 for the PS4 because I apparently missed the announcement about the Japanese PC version being released next month. Though there is no current plan for the game to be released for the PC outside of Japan, you know that it's only a matter of time before it arrives on Steam as proven by Tecmo Koei's recent Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Steam release.

No comments: