○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

A Christmas in a Remote Cabin

Sounds like a horrible setup for a horror movie, isn't it? But seriously, I have been mulling over the idea of spending the Christmas holiday chilling in a remote cabin somewhere with my little Yoshi as we both enjoy... nature and isolation? I don't know, I do enjoy having the more personal celebration of Christmas these past couple of years due to the pandemic and quite frankly, I didn't miss all the hustle and bustle and all that noise that usually happens in a family gathering. I mean, why do you wait until Christmas time to celebrate anything with the family anyway? We don't know when we will be dead so if you have the need to hang out with someone, just do without being imposed nor limited by religious/societal events. I just learned about the passing of Kirstie Alley today, which was just shocking to me. One minute, you are alive and the next, you are no longer here. And gamers worried about a game's length when our own playtime rummaging about the Earth is extremely short.

Why build a remote cabin in a video game when you can stay in one in real life?
Wait, now I sound like a non-gamer!

The remote cabin, yes. Perhaps it's too late to make this happen now because Christmas is right around the corner and I definitely need to do more research, but it's definitely doable in the foreseeable future. Doing this will have to involve me actually having to drive myself to the location and since it's during the wintertime, that's not an easy feat I take it. Obviously, these places that I have scouted are "reachable" so it's not like I am going to places too remote since I do have to make sure Yoshi is going to be well taken care of. Just far away enough from society but still within the reach of the almighty Internet. I don't know how these places claim to offer wi-fi connection being so far away from civilization, but I am sure thankful for that. Just because I want to chill in a remote cabin, it doesn't mean I don't want to check out my favorite Twitch or YouTube channels while being there. What, you think I want to wander around in the woods where there may be snakes and galaxy knows what? I will be spending all of my time inside the cabin, all snuggled up with Yoshi next to me, hoping that she doesn't need to go pee-pee in the middle of the night...

No comments: