○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Steam Deck: Shut That Sh!t Down

I had to wait 5 hours at a hospital today and you know what that means: Steam Deck time! Just like a born-again virgin, that Steam Deck hasn't been touched in weeks. I always put the Deck to sleep when I am not using it and I should have known better because I have seen the battery for the Deck depleting at a rapid rate even while it's asleep... I don't know, I have left the Nintendo DS on sleep mode for years and when I eventually opened the clam shell, it was still on. But no, not the Steam Deck. I spent the first couple of hours of my wait time visiting nearby parks to satiate Yoshi's peepee lust and that was fun. Then, I drove back to the hospital and found a cool, fully shaded corner of the parking complex, unzipped the sexy carrying case, pulled out the Steam Deck and pushed the power button... Nothing. The screen was dark, there was no power light near the power button. I realized then that I was f*cked.

Stuck in a car for 3 hours with a limp Deck and a demon dog can't be that bad... right?

The Deck is also one power hungry f*cker. Hooking it up to the car USB was not enough to juice it up. Every time I connected the cable to the USB-C slot of the Deck, the logo screen would show up before it dissipated after a couple of seconds. I left it charging for 15 minutes and I still couldn't boot the Deck up. At that point, I just gave up and spent the rest of my time watching videos on my phone and taking Yoshi out for a walk. I was really looking forward to going deep into The Forest. You know that doing all the fortification work for my shed in between cannibal attacks would have made time fly by so very fast. I hate plugging the Deck to the wall all the time, so I am just going to turn it off whenever I am not using it. I sure hope that it is able to retain the battery charge while it's off. Just to be safe though, I will have to just charge the thing overnight when I know that I will be bringing it along with me on the road.

No comments: