○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, July 28, 2022

PlayStation 5 in the Game Room

My PlayStation 5 unit has finally arrived today. First impression? This thing is way too big for no real reason. Since it's a Mark Cerny production, he probably thought that engorging the size like this would make the console feel more powerful. Overcompensate much? It's definitely the biggest console I have ever seen. Is the X-Box Series X this huge as well? Once in, the dashboard interface is quite uninspired. It's basically a sleeker version of the PlayStation 4's dashboard with all the weird particles floating about a dull, greyish background. It's not minimalistic for the sake of being stylish, it is so as an excuse for just being lazy. I am very surprised however that they are finally able to give us access to a functional trophy screen. Loading up your trophies details on the PlayStation 3 requires you to sacrifice your entire youth while it's maybe half of that on the PS4 but here, it's very fast and responsive. Bravo, I suppose?


The PS5 is way larger than how it looks in pictures...

I have yet to decide if it would be worth it to dig up my PS4 discs that I have already packed up for the move but in the meantime, I do have a lot of digital PS4 games saved on an external hard drive. The PS5 immediately recognized all the games found within, which is nice. I have been looking forward to play Astro's Playroom, which is a free platform game that came pre-installed on the system, so that became my first gaming experience on the PS5. Astro's Playroom is surprisingly quite good and I had a lot of fun playing it:


My first taste of the PS5's gaming prowess.

Next on the list will be Horizon: Forbidden West. I was disappointed to discover that this bundle came with the digital version of the game instead of the physical disc. Deep in my heart though, I am thankful for this because physical media just takes up space and a bloody pain to manage. I am going to download the game tonight to check it out sometime tomorrow. With so many Sony exclusives making their way to the Personal Computer, the number of unique experiences being offered by the system at this time is quite low. But that's okay. I primarily want to get the PS5 more as an upgrade since I can play all of my PS4 games on it, with some of them receiving a boost in performance. On top of that, I want to play Genshin Impact on the PS5. But you may be confused about this because that game is available on the PC. Well, just like the PC version of Smite with its questionable, unnecessary bloatware that keeps running even when you stop playing the game, I have heard that Genshin Impact may suffer some security vulnerabilities with the use of its proprietary anti-cheat program. I am not sure how valid this concern is but I don't have to worry about any of that if I am playing it on the PS5. Genshin runs rather poorly on the PS4, even though I enjoyed the short amount of time I spent playing it then - don't worry, I won't be paying a single dime on the game. Funny, isn't it? The PS5 is supposed to a home to high end gaming and I am mostly using it to play something like Genshin Impact and Smite...

No comments: