○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, April 2, 2021

Terry, Terry, Quite Contrary

Nintendo recently released 3 new amiibos on 03/26/2021 and I remember telling myself to pre-order them early because they are all pretty darn cool, unlike the Cat Mario & Peach that showed up earlier this year - nobody's buying those, they are still very easy to find at the suggested retail price. Still, amiibos are not necessarily a priority for me, just a side-hobby, so I had totally forgotten about them until a couple of days ago. Thankfully, I still managed to score two of them: Banjo & Kazooie - shouldn't they be named Banjo-Kazooie? - and Byleth. No Terry Bogard for me unfortunately unless I want to shell out $50, bummer.

Banjoe & Kazooie looks amazing. That fake flame on Byleth's sword however...
Also, there is a weird protrusion from his sleeve going into the middle of the sword.

It was disheartening that I missed the opportunity to complete the release trinity so I thought, why not find something cute to cheer me up. Well, cute indeed she is. No, not another Hatsune Miku figurine. I am still waiting on two of those that are currently on backorder. Instead, I opted for Sega's Evangelion 2020 Asuka Shikinami Langley Limited Premium Figure. Now I am a big fan of the original anime - I didn't even know that they have a retelling of the story via 4 separate films, the latest just released last month! I thought the anime was fine, depressing ending and all, and when released the two follow up movies from the anime, I thought they were stupid. I am really not interested in watching this new retelling if it's going to further destroy the original experience. Nothing good ever happens when creators cave in to their audience's demands. Anyway, just like the recent acquisition of Nergigante, I looked at all the available figures from the Neon Genesis Evangelion series and this one is the most dynamic to me. I really need to dust off the Platinum Collection DVD of the original series to relive my NGE fantasy and this awesome figurine will be a nice little reminder of that.

That Cassius Spear is everything.
Don't know what that spear is about though, didn't watch the retelling.

No comments: