○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 1, 2021

Am I A Miku Enthusiast Now?

Alright, so the last time that I showcased my Hatsune Miku figurines here was in 2018. Well, my collection of Mikus have expanded since. I started with 2 back then and now, I have a total of 6 of them. Okay, so it's not that bad right? I have to be honest with you though: I have a pre-order coming later this week and another in March. I am obviously hooked, perhaps for life.

Miku sees a friend in this revenant.

I really thought that after my time obsessing over the Skylanders on the PlayStation 4, I wouldn't bother with figurines anymore because they take up so much space most of all, and it's hard to have all of them out on display. But there is just something special about these Miku figures, thanks to my close relationship with Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone, again on the PS4. My favorite character out of all the vocaloids is not actually Miku but Meiko. Miku, unfortunately, is the most popular vocaloid of them all thus you get all these elaborate figurines made for her character. Meiko did get one official figurine and it was just... very basic, no thanks. Thankfully however, Miku is still very adorable and the figurines are usually elaborately designed.

The outfits are always striking but we all know that it's all about the crazy ponytails.

So at what point does a curiosity turn into an obsession? Whenever I am browsing on Amazon these days, I always make it a point to check out their available Miku figurines. There are several from past releases that are on my wishlist right now. What do you think? What level of Miku fan am I? And no, I still don't plan on attending a Miku concert nor a Vocaloid convention - nor any kind of fan gathering for anything else for that matter.

Definitely better than the amiibos, that's for damn sure. I still collect the amiibos though!

No comments: