○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Miku: A Gateway Figurine?

In some ways, I am pretty sure that collecting Skylanders has made me admire video game figurines, and I do believe that it made me open to collecting amiibos, which later eased my decision to get into enjoying Hatsune Miku in her physical figurine forms. Well, more interest in Miku figurines means more browsing for more of them and with that, I was lured into the world of other Japanese manga/anime/gaming figurines out there. And boy, these figurines are very beautiful and I have been especially enthralled by those made for the One Piece series. Now I personally have not read the manga or watched the anime but I am familiar with the video games made based off this license. When I saw this Boa Hancock figurine, I was in love and I just had to get her.

Figuarts Zero: Boa Hancock Paramount War

What I absolutely love about this figurine is just how freaking dynamic it is. Just look at how her body bends forward with her long black hair swirling, complete with special effects that surrounds her body, accentuating her spinning high kick. I think they based this model on an actual move in an actual scene that happened in the anime, but like I mentioned earlier, I don't have a clue about that. Still, I can definitely appreciate the incredible artistry involved in the creation of this. At twice the price of a typical Miku figurine however, this is a cause of concern for me. Skylanders was quite an investment that makes collecting my Miku figurines seems like an innocent side hobby. The fancier stuff like the Figuarts Zero series figurines though, is some serious business.

No comments: