○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, October 12, 2020

PS5: No They Didn't, But Yes They Did

As I was browsing video game stuff on Amazon.com this morning, I stumbled into the PlayStation 5 page. I couldn't believe my eyes. Sony is trying to standardize a ten dollar bump for game releases. $69.99 for the remake of Demon's Souls and the same price for Destruction All Stars? The thing is, due to the hype surrounding the new console releases and the already rabid-level obsession of their brand fans, Sony will be successful in this transition. Sony doesn't even have to provide any justification for the price hike because their loyalists will do that for them. At this point, a majority of people are willing to pay any price for anything these game developers are throwing at them, even for something as basic as providing network connectivity for online play. These developers know of this very face by now and they are taking advantage of the situation. Even Nintendo has already jumped on that bandwagon with their pay to play online service, however cheaper it may be compared to its console competitors. Only the Personal Computer gaming space is free from having to pay a service fee to be able to play multiplayer modes online - unless you are playing subscription-based massively multiplayer games - and I truly hope that the PC community will reject paying this amount of money once these prices hit services like Steam or Epic Games because these developers will do their damn best to try and shove this down our throats. For the last 9 years, I have committed to my $39.99 or below per game rule and it has served me well. If you haven't commit to such a rule yourself, it's high time you do so. And I thought I have seen the worst of 2020.

Sony made their move. Those gamers who are thoughtless, blindly followed.

No comments: