○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, October 16, 2020

New amiibos: Hero & Joker

I was very surprised to be able to order these two amiibos on Amazon the other day at the regular retail price. I don't follow amiibo releases that closely. I do like collecting them but they are more of a casual additions for me. I kept telling myself to be on the lookout for the upcoming releases, these two were launched on the 2nd of this month, but I have completely forgotten about them until earlier this week. Usually they go into scalper price territory rather quickly but its obvious that these two characters are not very popular amongst Nintendo fans.

Joker

Hero

Between the two amiibos, it's obvious that we have a clear winner. The Joker amiibo is magnificent. The blue aura flame thing bursting at his feet, splashing outward of the base looks very dramatic. The actual character himself doesn't have a lot of detail but he conveys dynamic action and movement in both the posture and articles of clothing which make for a very striking piece. The Hero, on the other hand, just stands there looking dull. Hero is one of the smallest amiibos in my collection and his hair, unlike the in-game, looks mighty stiff. The color scheme does looks faithful and the character is recognizable but they could have done so much more with him. It seems like Nintendo is slowing down releasing new amiibos. That's just perfectly fine for me. With such long gaps between releases though, Nintendo should focus on making each entry exciting like the Joker amiibo and avoid producing lazy duds like this Hero amiibo.

No comments: