○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 2010 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 41

As usual, League of Legends for the Personal Computer took the number one spot as the most played game of the month. I am still playing the non-ranked matches and I am still looking for a regular group to play with even though I do get random invites from those who are on my friend list quite regularly. I have a majority of the champions unlocked and since I have a sufficient collection of runes to customize my champion builds with, I can keep spending the accumulated Influence Points on expanding my champion roster.

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for the Nintendo DS really captivated me with its darkly mysterious and astonishingly gripping narrative. I am close to completing the game and this is one game that I want to finish at least by the end of January 2011 because once I have left it untouched for a while, I know that I will not be able to just jump in and play it from the mid-way point.

I was in the mood for some music last month and it had been a while since the last time I sat down to listen to my music collection. So I decided to do it the proper way - by Audiosruf-ing them! Well, I could have used the crazy wild Beat Hazard as frequently as well but since I was looking for a more relaxing overall experience, I opted for Audiosurf instead. I did play most of the tracks using the harder difficulty modes though so it ended up being more action packed than I anticipated the whole thing to be.

Best New Game of the Month:
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (Nintendo DS)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Kung-Fu Live (PlayStation 3)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
DanceMasters (X-Box 360)

No comments: