○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 12th Induction Anniversary

Naruto: Gekito Ninja Taisen! (2002)
12 Years in the Game Library
Induction Date: 05/12/2003


Hell hath no fury...

Ah, my very first Naruto game. Bear in mind that I didn't even know who this Naruto dude was when I first got this game. I knew the game was anime-based and looking at the cover art, I thought it was about some American or European kid who got left behind and then kidnapped when he was a baby by a Japanese ninja clan. What attracted me to this game was the cell-shaded graphics style and the cool looking ninja moves. And I always love the cute Japanese GameCube slipcases so I would justify getting Japanese releases just because of that: It didn't become a habit for me thankfully because I ended up getting just 12 Japanese imports for the system. The fighting mechanics ended up being too basic and repetitive while the cast of characters is just way too small. This game ended up being featured in my Doppelganger Games article because it was savagely milked until blood squirted out with 4 sequels in total.


No comments: