○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, April 17, 2015

My Final Club Nintendo Reward

With Club Nintendo closing down this year, we knew it was eventual ever since the quality of the yearly rewards for Elite status members went downhill soon after its inception, I didn't have the motivation to get to the Platinum level for this final go-round and only hit Gold but after seeing this year's reward selections, I sure wished that I got there: I would have loved claiming that digital copy of Punch-Out!! for the Wii U. I ended up opting for the classic Super Mario Kart for the Wii U. Goodbye Club Nintendo. You just weren't meant to last (please release your games on Steam already and make tons of money, Nintendo!). By the way, I still had 380 Nintendo Gold left so I used them to purchase 3D Classics: TwinBee  (150 NG) and Wario Land 2 (200 NG), both for the Nintendo 3DS. I feel sad about that 30 NG balance though.

It's a shame this whole thing ended with a whimper.

Wasted, unused gold.

Since I was meddling with my Wii U today, I decided to turn on my long dormant Nintendo 3DS as well only to discover that Nintendo was selling themes for the system's dashboard. I love this idea and even though I could just stick with the free but generic black theme, I decided to spent my $1.99 on the Yoshi's Springtime Siesta theme. It looks cute enough and as a Yoshi fan, I found it to be worth it. Now when can we expect to be able to buy new themes to replace that boring default Wii U dashboard, Nintendo?

I love this theme.

No comments: